donderdag 12 maart 2009

Will everything be allright?




Sometimes I worry about Pelle. I want him to be a normal child, growing up in a lovely home and developing like a beautiful flower. Petal by petal unfolding, revealing his beautiful soul. But he’s not like a flower. Sometimes it feels like he’s stuck somewhere. Like nothing new is happening and he keeps repeating himself, over and over again.
If I compare him with other 3-years old, he seems so young. Not interacting with other children, living in his own world of busses and carparts. And then I worry. Will he be able to catch up? To really unfold? To show all of what’s inside him to the world? To share?
I love him so much and he makes me so vulnerable. Sometimes a have a bad day thinking there’s something wrong with his development. I dissapear into a cloud of sorrow and fears for the future. That happens every once in a while.
Most off the times I can let it go. I take a leap of faith and trust the future. Rely on the flow of life with all it’s goodness. But sometimes that’s harder to do, like today. So be it. That’s life.

Ria

4 opmerkingen:

  1. That's how it is: go with the flow.
    But no one tell's that it's easy!
    maar nu van de zon genieten hoor!
    anders komen jullie hier in de zandbak (er ligt meer zand door de tuin dan in de zandbak, maar ach)

    xxx Annemieke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You're right in having those thoughts - it goes to show that you're a good mother. However, I think almost every child will meet challenges or be different in one way or another somewhere along the road - if it's not one thing, it's another. Give him time and don't compare too much - I'm sure everything will turn out alright. He looks to be a wonderful boy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Annemieke and Astrid,

    Thank you so much for your support. The shadow has gone away now. Today is a bright day and I can relax, emotionally.

    Hug, Ria

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ja dat is heel herkenbaar om je zo zorgen te maken of het allemaal wel goed komt. Het geeft inderdaad aan dat je een goede en zorgzame moeder bent.

    En ik zal je eerlijk bekennen, dat gaat niet weg ook als ze al ouder zijn. Ik heb ook mijn portie zorgen gehad, zeker om de jongste (die heeft een hoor stoornis als gevolg van hersenvliesontsteking) heb ik me heel wat zorgen gemaakt en overvalt me soms ook de angst voor de toekomst en hoe dat allemaal moet. De kunst is om het toch te relativeren en te genieten van het hier en nu en de angsten niet te laten overheersen, hoe moeilijk dat ook is!

    Maar blij te lezen dat het donkere wolkje weer even weggewaaid is.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen