zondag 2 januari 2011

Picking up the thread again



I haven’t been sewing for a long time. It seems like my desire to make clothes comes in waves, and wintertime is not a good time for me. I often feel like I’m in hibernation for a few months, rather wanting to crawl up on the couch with a book and a blanket. But Pelle really needs some clothes, since the ones I made him this fall are already a bit to small.
To start up again, I made something really simple. Just a plain sweater, made out of a cotton knit blanket I bought at a supermarket. I still have to sew on some twill tape to mask the seems in the cuffs, as he has to wear them curled up for some time. Since the shop where I buy all this stuff was closed, that has to wait till tomorow (I have my sewinglessons there, too).
On newyears eve I made a fleece sweater with a hood. (No fancy party this year. Just a simple but fine evening spent with Mark).




I have ideas for 2 more sweaters, and then will go on for some pants. Will keep you posted on that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten