dinsdag 3 januari 2012

I proudly present ….

….. my first pant with home-made fly.


The camera can't picture the true colour. It's a plain red.

This is a winter pant made of double coated cotton. I thought it would be nice to make Pelle another warm pant, as it’s supposed to be winter here. Right now, it’s more like a Novemberstorm coming over, but I want to be prepared.
I used the same pattern as for the brown pants, because of the great fit. (Ottobre 5/2006, # 19, size 122), with a few minor modifications. As the cotton is not stretchy I had to sew a zipper into it. The last time I made a fly was a few years ago, during sewing lessons. (I always have to thing about Marty McFly, when I read the word. He was the character in the Back to the Future movies). Since I don’t attend lessons anymore, I was out on my own. I carefully followed the instructions in the magazine and it worked out so fine, I could hardly believe it. No puckering needed.




For the waistband I followed instructions from an old book I have




and now the pant is done. I so hope Pelle will like wearing it.
The next project is a matching sweater. I'll keep you posted.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Gorgeous pants! You did a perfect job! I think a zippered fly is something that you just have to follow instructions and not think for yourself! When you try to think and decide that you know better...then you go wrong! Can't wait to see the sweater.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. These look really great - I'm looking forward to pictures of the sweater. I wish I could find some of that double coated cotton here in the US - it looks very sturdy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. These look great! I love red pants. The zipper fly looks really good. I think the word fly is a weird one, too. It's also pretty embarrassing because most of the time people talk to you about your fly, it is to tell you it is down and they can see your underwear :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. These are great looking pants - and such neat stitching!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen